Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive from our guests. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please call us at 800.998.6937.
Before you arrive
- When can I check-in and check-out?Check-in begins at 3pm. Check-out is at 11am.
- What do I need to check-in?
A valid government-issued ID and a major credit card. Major credit cards accepted include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club. Government issued ID includes driver license, passport or military ID.
The resort fee plus tax will be collected at the time of check-in. A $50 deposit hold for incidentals is required per day ($200 max) at time of check-in. Deposits will be refunded within 24 hours after the check-out date. Refund processing time is contingent on the guests banking institution. Tax rates are subject to change without notice and could change in the time between booking and hotel stay. At the time of check-in, the tax rate then in effect will be collected for any hotel stay nights.
- What is the minimum age to check-in at The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod?
You must be at least 21 years of age with valid government issued ID to check-in at The STRAT.
- How many guests are allowed in a room? Is there a fee for additional guests?
The additional nightly fee of $15 per person per night plus tax applies for 3rd and 4th person 12 years of age or older. Maximum occupancy is four persons per room.
- Is a security deposit required?
A deposit of the first night's room rate and tax is charged at the time of booking. A deposit of the entire stay plus tax is required for non-refundable reservations. Deposit for packages and promotional rates may vary. Resort Fee plus tax will be collected at the time of check-in. Tax rates are subject to change without notice and could change in the time between booking and hotel stay. At the time of check-in, the tax rate then in effect will be collected for any hotel stay nights.
- Using a debit card vs. credit card?You may use a debit or credit card for your security deposit. With a debit card fund are charged in advanced and any unused portion is refunded upon checkout. Refunds on debit cards depend on your banking institution and may take up to 20 business days. When using a credit card, a hold will be placed on your line of credit. After charges are settled upon checkout, the remaining hold is released. This may take up to 7 business days, depending on your banking institution.
- Does your hotel offer room accommodations for accessibility?We have both standard rooms and suites that are handicapped accessible. We have rooms with wheelchair accessible showers as well as tubs with shower chairs.
- Do you provide wheelchairs?Both wheelchairs and motorized scooters are available for rent from the bell desk.
- Are pets or service animals allowed on the property?
We do welcome any service animal accompanying a guest. While on property the service animal must be on a leash, not bark, and not urinate indoors. If the animal does not comply with these rules the owner will be asked to leave the property.
Pets and emotional support animals are not allowed on property.
- What is the resort fee?
There is a $39.95 (plus tax) daily resort fee.
The resort fee includes:
- Discounted entry fee for SkyPod
- Discounts on attractions, dining and entertainment
- 24-hour Fitness Center access
- Access to the pools (seasonal)
- Complimentary local and toll free calls
- Free Parking and Free Valet
- Do you offer free parking?
Yes, we offer free parking and free valet. We have plenty of free parking for guests who wish to self-park. We also offer free valet parking as well. Oversize parking is available for a nominal fee in the lot directly across Las Vegas Boulevard (east of casino).
- What amenities are included in the rooms?
Standard amenities include hair dryer, air conditioning, cable TV with remote control, clock radio, table and chair. Our newly remodeled rooms include a mini refrigerator, in-room safe and coffee maker.
- I booked through a third-party, is everything paid for in full?
In most cases, rooms and taxes are pre-paid on any third party reservations but you will still be responsible for the daily Resort Fee and applicable security/incidental deposit upon check-in.
- Do you offer an on-site business center?We do not have a business center, but our concierge team is able to assist with many services, including email, printing, faxing, copying and shipping. We do not offer full guest computer access and are not able to scan documents.
- What is The STRAT's hotel cancellation policy?
Cancellation of standard reservations must occur at least 72 hours prior to 12:00am of arrival date to receive deposit refund. Deposits will not be refunded for all "non-refundable" reservations. Deposit and cancellation policy for packages and promotional rates may vary.
- Are there adjoining rooms?
The STRAT does have adjoining rooms. Please make your request at the time of booking. All requests are noted but are not guaranteed and will be honored on a space-available basis.
- Does The STRAT have banquet rooms or event space?
The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod offers unique venues with packages and options for any budget. Our venues offer the best views of Las Vegas from over 800 feet above the world-famous Las Vegas Strip. Amenities include catering, banquets and state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment. Personalized service and unique experiences will impress you and your guests.
For more information click here.
- Is there an airport shuttle to take me to The STRAT?
We currently do not offer an airport shuttle, however there are several ride options including taxicabs, Uber or Lyft.
During your stay
- Is WiFi available at your property?Free In-Room Wi-Fi is available to our hotel guests (up to 3 devices) and is always FREE in the SkyPod.
- Is there a fitness center on property?
Yes. Our Fitness Center is located on the Retail Level. It is open 24 hours, seven days a week and is available free to hotel guests 16 years of age or older. Hotel guests swipe their room key for entrance.
- Do you allow smoking in your rooms?
Smoking or vaping is allowed in designated rooms. Please make a request at the front desk for a smoking room. The STRAT does not allow recreational marijuana usage in its hotel rooms, casino or public spaces.
- Is marijuana smoking permitted at the property?
No, although Nevada law allows recreational marijuana usage in certain limited locations, The STRAT does not allow recreational marijuana usage in its hotel rooms, casino or public spaces.
- Is there a dress code?
Shoes, shirts and masks are required on the casino floor.
PT's Wings & Sports
The dress code is casual.
The dress code is casual.
Top of the World
Business casual attire is required for Top of the World Restaurant. For Ladies, the attire is dressy and elegant; for gentlemen, collared shirts or polos are required. Shorts, tank tops, sports apparel, athletic or flip-flop shoes are not permitted.
- Is there a spa at The STRAT?
The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod does not have a spa on property.
- Is there a pool at The STRAT?
The STRAT has two pools.
Elation Pool & Café is located on the 8th floor, the resort-style Elation Pool offers three over-sized spas, chaise lounges, music, and signature cocktails. Elation pool is closed for the season.
WET24 Pool & Bar is located on the 24th floor and provides guests panoramic views of the Las Vegas Valley and iconic skyline. Admission is complimentary for The STRAT hotel guests. Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. WET24 is closed for the season.
After your stay
- How can I get a copy of my bill?Please call 702.380.7777 and ask for Accounts Receivable.
- How can I get in contact with a guest staying at the The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod?Call 702.380.7777 and ask for the guest by first and last name.
- Can I pre-arrange to have flowers or a bottle of champagne sent to a guest room prior to the guest’s arrival?Call 702.380.7777 and ask for the Concierge prior to the guest’s arrival.
Casino & True Rewards
- Can I join your True Rewards loyalty program prior to my arrival?
No. Please visit our True Rewards Center to sign up for True Rewards. You must at least 21 years of age and present valid government issued ID. Learn more about True Rewards.
- How do True Rewards members obtain SkyPod admission vouchers?
Please present your True Rewards card at the SkyPod entrance.
Epic: Complimentary admission for an unlimited amount of guests.
Legit: Complimentary admission for up to 4 people.
True Rewards True, Loyal and Solid: Visit the True Rewards Center to exchange your points for SkyPod admission.
- How do I become a rated player?
Stop by the a True Rewards Center at The STRAT or any Golden Entertainment property to sign up for a players card. Membership is free and you’ll receive rewards based on your tracked play. In order to be rated, use your card while playing slots or table games. Insert your card in slot machine readers to earn your rewards. While playing table games, show your card every time you buy in to receive benefits. Your True Rewards card is your ticket to comps, cash back, room discounts and special VIP offers.
- How can I apply for casino credit?
It’s easy and in most cases can be approved in less than two days for first time casino credit applicants, and just a few hours for applicants with previously established casino credit records. Applications are available at the casino cage. Applications can also be faxed or mailed to guests and are available here. Contact the casino cage at 702.380.7744 or 888.216.6639 for more information.
- What kind of casino games does The STRAT offer?
Every inch of our 80,000-square-foot casino reveals our stunning remodel in design that blends a laid-back vibe with contemporary style. Wrapped in shades of blues and grays with high ceilings and comfortable seating. Our casino has 750 machines and 44 tables offering high-energy games from craps and blackjack to baccarat and roulette.
- Does The STRAT have special events or holiday drink specials?
The STRAT offers special events, VIP events, promotions and holiday drink specials throughout the year.
Click here for the current promotions.
- Where do I purchase tickets for SkyPod, Thrill Rides, SkyJump and shows?
To Purchase SkyPod, Thrill Rides, SkyJump, show tickets and L.A. Comedy club tickets, please visit The STRAT Box Office across from STRAT Café on the Casino Level. There are also ticket kiosks placed throughout the property. You can also purchase tickets online.
- How do I get to the SkyPod from the casino floor?
Take the escalator across from the front entrance and proceed through the Retail Shops at The STRAT to the SkyPod entrance. Or, take the escalator across from STRAT Café and proceed through the theater lobby to the SkyPod entrance. Guests visiting Top of the World restaurant can check in at the podium and use the VIP entrance. All other guests for the Observation Decks, Thrill Rides and 108 Eats must purchase SkyPod passes at The STRAT box office and proceed through the main SkyPod entrance.
For questions specific to thrill rides and SkyJump, please visit the Attractions page.
- What are the Big Shot ride requirements?
Guests must be at least 48" tall to ride the Big Shot. This is a high-speed ride experience with high vertical g-forces at an elevated height. This ride is not recommended for guests with physical, mental, and/or medical limitations.
- What are the X-Scream ride requirements?
Guests must be at least 52" tall to ride the X-Scream. This ride has vertical and horizontal jarring motions at an elevated height. This ride is not recommended for guests with physical, mental, and/or medical limitations.
- What are the Insanity ride requirements?
Guests must be at least 52" tall to ride Insanity. This is a high-speed ride experience with high centrifugal force at an elevated height. This ride is not recommended for guests with physical, mental, and/or medical limitations.
- What are the SkyJump requirements?
Guests must be 14 or older. All riders between 14-17 years old MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who MUST sign an authorization waiver. Guest must be 52" or taller. Maximum weight allowance is 265lbs. The SkyJump ride needs to incorporate the weight of the 10-pound harness and gear for a total weight capacity of 275lbs. This ride is not recommended for guests with physical, mental, and/or medical limitations.
- How do I get to the pool? Are there fees?
Admission is free for hotel guests, room key is required for admission. All ages are welcome. Minors under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Elation Pool is currently closed.
WET24 Pool & Wet Lounge
Admission is free for hotel guests, a room key is required for admission. Must be 21 or older. WET24 is currently closed.
Outside food and beverages are not allowed at either pool. Pool hours may vary, weather permitting. Open seasonally. Glass is not allowed at either pool.
- What is SkyPod policy regarding outside food and drink?
No outside food, bottles or glass are allowed in the SkyPod tower. Guests must finish their drink, pour it into a disposable cup or throw it away before entering the tower elevators. Closed containers of alcohol, such as wine, beer or liquor can be checked in at the base of the tower and picked up upon exiting the tower.
- If I pre-purchase ride or SkyJump tickets, what do I do if the attraction is closed due to weather?
Please go to The STRAT Box Office and we will refund the reservation in full or exchange the ticket for another day.
- Do you have a wedding chapel?
Yes. We have beautiful wedding chapels located on Level 103 of the SkyPod all with breathtaking views. We also perform ceremonies on the Level 108 Indoor and Level 109 Outdoor Observation Decks as well as a private balcony on SkyPod Level 112.
Learn more about Weddings here or contact us by,
email: [email protected]
- Can I request a donation from The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod?
Yes, please forward a written request to the attention of The STRAT Community Connection, 2000 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV, 89104.
- What is The STRAT doing to reduce the spread of COVID-19?
Learn more about our "Golden Commitment" to guest health and safety.
- Are there career opportunities at The STRAT?
We provide real entertainment for real people. And that starts with you. Our team members create the experiences our guests will remember.
We are an equal opportunity employer by choice and believe a diverse group of talented people make the difference between an average company and one that excels and prospers. As a full-time team member of Golden Entertainment, Inc., you are eligible for one of the most competitive benefit packages in our industry. Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, PTO and a 401(k) plan are available after meeting your introductory period.
Browse for open positions here.